About Us

Welcome to the Scituate Country Club - "a little bit of heaven" where land meets water.

Founded in 1919, the Club is home to a beautiful golf course, golf shop, clubhouse and function facility overlooking the mouth of the North River.

Our Clubhouse, built in 1779, was the original home of the Welsh family. Today's challenging nine hole course was once part of the Welsh farm. Surrounded by trees, marsh, river and sea, the Scituate Country Club offers the perfect spot for golf outings, weddings, social events and private membership.

In 1919, the summer residents of the cliffs (1st, 2nd and 3rd) purchased the farm and built the Scituate Country Club. A year later many of these same people founded Charles River Country Club. Some of these early members included the Clarence Briers', the Frank Masons', F. Pertain Kennedy and family, the Englishs' and Pearly Barbour, Mayor of Quincy.

Scituate Country Club prospered until 1941 when World War II and gas rationing meant no more trips to summer homes – and golf courses.  At that time Donald Whittemore invested in the Club.  On March 9, 1991 the course was sold to its present owners.

Our #2 par 3 hole is renowned for its toughness and is considered one of the hardest par 3 holes on the South Shore. We hope you enjoy playing Scituate Country Club.


img

Keep In Touch